Welcome to Culinary CornerFrom our Executive Chef Cerrato, we present to you recipes from our kitchen.
Breakfast & Breads
Bacon Egg Muffin Cups
Egg Bacon Muffin Cups Printable Version
- 2 sheet frozen puff pastry (17.3 ounce box), thawed and chilled
- 13 large eggs
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Unfold the puff pastry sheet and cut sheet in 6 equal pieces. Gently stretch each piece into a 5×5 inch square.
3. Place each piece of pastry in a greased muffin cup leaving a 1/2 overhang at the top.
4. Sprinkle one teaspoon of the parmesan in the pastry lined cups, crack an egg into each cup, top with bacon, 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt.
5. Whisk together the remaining egg and water and lightly brush pastry edges with egg wash.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and immediately move to a wire rack. Let cool 5 minutes and then serve.
Butternut Squash Bread
•1/2 cup butter
•2/3 cup brown sugar
•1 /2 cup sugar
•1 cup butternut squash
(cooked and smashed)
•1 tsp. vanilla
•1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
•1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1.Preheat oven to 350.
2.Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3.Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
4.Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
5.Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6.Allow to rest in pan 15 minutes before removing.
7.Serve warm with butter
1 cup (5 oz) unbleached all purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix*
2 teaspoons baking powder (make sure it’s not expired or it won’t rise)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (use less if using table salt)
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt, it will be too sticky)
1 egg white or 1 whole egg (beaten)
Optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes**
Preheat oven to 375F. Place parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
Divide into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball into 3/4-inch thick ropes and join the ends to form bagels. (or you can make a ball and poke a hole in the center then stretch it slightly)
Top with egg wash and sprinkle both sides with seasoning of your choice. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting.
Grandma Joan's Granola Recipe
2 Cups Craisins or Raisins
½ Cup Honey
½ Cup Peanut Butter
2 Cups Slivered Almonds
3 Cups “Old Fashioned” Oats
Place the oats & almonds on cookie sheet and toast in oven for a few minutes.
Heat honey & peanut butter in saucepan – stirring well.
Place cranberries in food processor and make into a paste.
Put the oats/almond mixture into a large bowl and add the cranberries – breaking up the paste while mixing w/ the warm oats to distribute ingredients evenly.
Stir in the hot honey/peanut butter until combined.
Finish mixing with spoon until everything is well incorporated.
Place mixture firmly into small pan, cover and place in fridge to set.
Makes: 8 bars
Finnish Nisu Bread
In large mixer bowl combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 package active dry yeast, and ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom. Heat ¾ cup milk, 1/J cup sugar,¼ cup butter or margarine, and½ teaspoon salt till warm (115-120°), stirring constantly to melt butter. Add to dry mixture; add 1 egg. Beat at low speed with electric mixer for ½ minute, scraping bowl. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, stir in 1 ¾ to 2 cups allpurpose flour to make a moderately soft dough.
Turn out on floured surface, knead till smooth (5 to 8 minutes). Place in greased bowl; turn once. Cover; let rise till double (about 1 ¼ hours)., 1 inch apart, on greased baking sheet.
Punch down. Divide in thirds; form into balls. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Roll each ball to a 16-inch rope. Line up the 3 ropes
Braid loosely. Pinch ends together and tuck under. Cover; let rise in warm place till almost double (about 40 minutes). Brush with milk and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from baking sheet; cool. Makes 1 braid.
Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp & Feta
5 large tomatoes, cut into eighths 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 cup Feta, crumble
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Spoon the olive oil and garlic over the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss. Place on top rack of oven and roast for 20 minutes.
Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice.
Sprinkle with the Feta. Place back in oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are
Serve warm with crusty bread.
Avocado Pico de Gallo
Homemade Avocado Pico de Gallo
1 c. Diced Ripe Roma Tomatoes (You Can Substitute With Vine Ripened Garden Tomatoes)
½ c. Diced Vidalia Onion (or Diced Red)
¼ c. Diced Yellow Bell Pepper
1 ea. Thinly Sliced Jalapeno
¼ c. Chopped Scallions
1 ea. Diced Avocado
1 tsp. Chop
1 ped Cilantro
3 Dashes of Green Tabasco (Red Tabasco or Cholula If You Prefer More Heat)
1 Lemon, Juice and Zest
1 Lime, Juice and Zest Kosher Salt and Pepper to Taste
Watermelon Feta Salad
6 cups cubed watermelon
1 cup crumbled feta cheese ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1 cup corn
1 cup diced seedless cucumber
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Combine watermelon, feta cheese,and all other ingredients with the dressing – toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Serves eight – ten.
Baldwin Salad Dressing
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons mashed garlic
4 teaspoons chopped tarragon 4 teaspoons chopped chives
4 teaspoons chopped parsley
4 tablespoons ground black pepper 8 tablespoons light brown sugar
24 oz malt vinegar
2.5 quarts peanut oil
8 tablespoons peanut butter
* Caution, not appropriate for those with peanut allergies.
Reuben Dip is like a deconstructed Reuben sandwich, all magnificently reborn into a baked ooey-gooey, cheesy dip!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 lb. diced corned beef
- 8 oz. shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (14-oz.) can sauerkraut, drained very well (place in strainer & press out liquid)
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Thousand Island dressing
- kosher salt, if desired (I don’t usually add any salt.)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together with a spatula. Transfer mixture to a serving dish that can be placed in the oven (a large pie pan works great!). Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until dip is bubbling and nicely browned.
- Serve with your favorite sturdy crackers. Rye crackers and bagel chips are tasty with this.
This recipe makes a good amount of dip. If you want, split the dip in half between 2 pie pans. When baking them separately, and the dip is more spread out, there’s more surface area of cheese that gets browned. This method creates more of that gooey browned cheese texture on top. Yum!
Papaya Pineapple Salsa
1 PAPAYA (DICED)
1/4 GOLDEN RIPE PINEAPPLE (DICED)
1/2 RED PEPPER (DICED)
2 EA. PLUM TOMATOES (DICED & SEEDED)
1/2 RED ONION (DICED)
1/2 BUNCH SCALLIONS (CHOPPED)
1 CLOVE OF GARLIC (MINCED)
2 TBS WHITE BALSAMIC VINEGAR (CAN SUBSTITUTE RED WINE VINEGAR)
2 TBS OLIVE OIL
1 TBS GREEN TABASCO
1 TBS CHOPPED CILANTRO
1 TSP EMERIL’S ESSENCE OR CAJUN SPICE MIX
ZEST AND JUICE OF ONE LEMON
SALT AND PEPPER (TO TASTE)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and fold gently.
Watermelon Feta Salad
Watermelon Feta Salad
6 cups cubed watermelon
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
¼ cup fresh lime juice 1 cup corn
1 cup diced seedless cucumber Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Combine watermelon, feta cheese,and all other ingredients with the dressing – toss gently to coat.
Serve immediately. Serves eight – ten.
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
3 tablespoons Lemon basil, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, mustard and lemon juice in a blender.
Pulse a few times, then slowly pour the olive oil in the blender.
Continue to blend until vinaigrette is smooth.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving
This herb vinaigrette will solidify in the refrigerator due to the olive oil. Set out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving.
An excellent alternative vegetable crudité dipping sauce.
Tuna Steaks Wellington
- *4 EA. TUNA STEAKS, SUSHI GRADE (4 OZ.)*4 EA. SPRING ROLL WRAPPERS*1 EA. 8 OZ. BAG OF SPINACH (BLANCHED CHILLED AND SQUEEZED DRY)*2 TBLS. BLACK SESAME SEEDS
*1 TSP. FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
* 1 TBLS. SESAME OIL
PLACE A SAUTE PAN OVER HIGH HEAT UNTIL VERY HOT. MEANWHILE PAT DRY TUNA WITH PAPER TOWELS UNTIL DRY. ADD SESAME OIL TO PAN AND THEN ADD TUNA AND SEAR BOTH SIDES OF TUNA QUIKLY (AROUND 30 SECONDS EACH SIDE). REMOVE FROM PAN AND CHILL QUIKLY UNTIL COLD. WHEN COLD REMOVE TUNA FROM REFRIGERATOR AND TOP ONE SIDE WITH SPINACH AND THE OTHER SIDE WITH SESAME SEEDS. PLACE ON SPRING ROLL WRAPPER AND WRAP TIGHTLY. HEAT SAUTE PAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT AND LIGHTLY COAT PAN WITH SESAME OIL AND SAUTE WRAPPED TUNA SEEM SIDE DOWN FIRST. SAUTE UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN AND THEN REPEAT ON OTHER SIDE. CUT IN HALF AND SERVE IMMEDIATELY WITH SOY AND GINGER SYRUP AND WASABI.
New England Clam Chowder
- 4 slices thick bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 medium-large leeks, white and light green part only, sliced in half lengthwise, rinsed and then diced (3 cups)
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced (4 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2-4 medium carrots, peeled and diced (1/2-1 cup)
- 4 stalks celery, diced (1 cup)
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled minced
- 2/3 C dry white wine
- 1 and 1/4 Cups low fat milk
- 3 large bay leaves
- 5-6 fresh Thyme sprigs
- 2 1/2 lbs red skinned potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
- 6 Cups clam juice (reserved liquid from the canned clams plus 2-3 8oz bottles of clam juice to equal 6 cups total)
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 lbs. chopped canned clams
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Reserved bacon pieces
- Steamed manila clams
- If using canned clams, drain the clams with a strainer over a bowl. Measure the liquid and add bottled clam juice to reach cups.
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, sauté the bacon until crispy and the fat is rendered out. Remove the bacon to drain on paper towels and strain the bacon fat into a measuring cup. Return the pot to the heat and add back in 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat and the tablespoon of butter.
- Add in the leeks, shallot, onion, carrots and celery. Saute until the leeks start to caramelize, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir another minute. Add in the white wine and stir until its absorbed. Add in the milk and potatoes and stir. Add in the bay leaves, fresh thyme and clam juice. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Transfer 2-3 cups of the chowder to a blender, making sure there are plenty of potatoes in the mixture, and blend until smooth and thick. Transfer back to the pot and stir well. Add in the chopped clams and the half and half. Cover and keep on low for another 30 minutes. Taste the chowder and season with sea salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with bacon, parsley and steamed clams if desired. Serve hot with crusty bread, wine and hot sauce.
Hubbard Family Lemon Cod
3 tbs lemon juice 2 shallow bowls
3 tbs butter, melted 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray
½ tsp salt
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp lemon-pepper seasoning (in spice aisle)
4 cod fillets (appx 6 oz ea)
2 tbs minced fresh parsley
2 tsp zested lemon peel
1 fresh lemon (cut several thin slices)
A – Pre-heat oven to 400; in a shallow bowl mix lemon juice & butter; in a separate shallow bowl mix flour & seasonings; dip fillets (both sides) in lemon juice mixture, then flour mixture
B – Place prepped fish in 13 x 9 oven dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with remaining lemon juice mix – add several thin cut lemon sections around the fish
C – Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until just before the fish flakes easily with a folk – then broil for the last 60 seconds to bring to a bit of a golden crust
D – Garnish with parsley & serve
Best served with bottle of chilled wine/rose wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 lemon, zested
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 slices bread, grilled
- 2 lemon wedges for garnish
Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add garlic and let sizzle for about 30 seconds. Season with red pepper flakes and lemon zest, stirring for about 45 seconds.
Quickly pour in wine into the pan and season with black pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, stir in mussels, and cover immediately. Shake pot and let boil for 1 minute.
Stir mussels, replace cover, and let boil for 2 more minutes. The shells will begin to open. Stir in parsley, cover pot, and cook until all shells are open, 1 to 3 minutes.
Serve with grilled bread and lemon wedge.
- 4 Ea. (5 Oz.) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 C. All-purpose Flour For Dredging
- 1/4 C. Oil (For Sautéing)
- 2 Ea. 14 Oz. Cans Whole Artichoke Hearts (Cut Into Halves)
- 2 C. White Wine
- 1 Stick Of Butter (Cut Into 4 Pieces)
- 1/2 C. Chopped Shallots
- 1 Tsp. Chopped Garlic
- 3/4 C. Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp. Green Tabasco
- Kosher Salt And Ground White Pepper To Taste
Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Meanwhile heat up large sauté pan on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add oil. Reheat for 1 minute. Shake off excess flour from chicken and add to sauté pan. Sauté chicken for 4 minutes flip over and repeat sauté́ for 4 more minutes on other side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside in a warm place. With pan still over heat add shallots and garlic and sauté while stirring until shallots are translucent (about 1 minute). Then add 3-4 tbls. Of flour to pan while whisking. Cook flour for 1 minute. Add white wine. Continue to whisk and reduce wine for 4-5 minutes. Whisk in cold butter until incorporated into sauce. Add artichokes and return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and green tabasco. Add heavy cream and remove from heat. Serve.
Butternut Squash Lasagna
Ingredients Filling –
1 Large Butternut Squash, Peeled,
& Cut Medium Dice
1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Fennel Seed Pinch of Sea Salt Pinch of Black Pepper
1 tbs Fresh Thyme Leaves
Ingredients Bechamel Sauce –
4 Cups Whole Milk
¼ tsp Nutmeg
¾ tsp sea salt
Pinch of Black Pepper
3 ½ tbs Unsalted Butter
5 tbs Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
For Assembly –
1 10oz Package Lasagna Noodles
1 ½ c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
½ c Grated Parmesan Cheese
Combine squash, oil, cinnamon, fennel, salt and pepper in large bowl and toss well.
Transfer the squash to baking sheet.
Bake in a 350-degree oven until squash is soft, 18 – 20 minutes. Return squash mixture to the bowl
and stir in the thyme.
Using potato masher, mash the squash well, but leave some chunkiness. Set aside.
Make the bechamel –
Heat the milk on med w/ nutmeg, salt and pepper until warm. In small pan, melt the butter.
Slowly whisk in the flour and sauté for a minute on low heat.
Slowly whisk the warmed milk into the flour and butter mixture, making sure no lumps.
Simmer on very low heat to ensure it does not burn.
Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Cool
In 13 x 9 casserole dish, layer the sauce, then noodles, then squash filing and then mozzarella
cheese. Repeat layers until used all ingredients.
Pour the bechamel sauce on the top layer of noodles. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over top.
Cover with parch paper and foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
Let cool and serve.
Sauteed Sole Laura
4 each 4oz sole filets
1 bunch fresh spinach
1 can artichoke hearts
4 medium fresh mushrooms
2 oz parsley
6 oz white wine (preferably a chardonnay).
1 Table spoon butter
2 oz olive oil
Flour salt & pepper
Poach spinach until tender
Cool down. Press out excess water. Drain water Chop & set aside
Set plate with flour season with salt & pepper.
Cut 6 -8 artichoke hearts in quarters set in bowl
Thin slice mushrooms set in bowl
Lightly flour sole filets and place on separate plate.
Heat sauté pan with 2oz. olive oil (large enough for al 4 filets) at medium heat.
Place seasoned filets in pan. Cook until golden brown each side
Return sauté pan to burner.
Deglaze pan with white wine. Add artichokes & mushrooms
Place spinach in small pot mix with butter. Heat to temperature.
Place spinach at center of serving platter
Place sole around platter.
Lace wine artichoke & mushroom sauce over sole
*2 C. Slightly Packed Basil Leaves
*1/4 C. Pine Nuts, Toasted
*1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
*2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
*1 C. Flat Leaf Parsley
*1/2 C. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
In a food processor add basil, parsley, pine nuts, parmesan cheese and garlic and process mixture until finely minced, while occasionally scraping down sides of processor. Add ½ of olive oil and process until well pureed, occasionally scraping down the sides of the processor. Thin w/ a little more of the olive oil if mixture is thick, season w/ salt and pepper to taste. Store in a refrigerator.
Tortellini with Roasted Vegetables & Pesto
*2 Medium Zucchini’s Cut Into ½ Moons
*2 Medium Yellow Squash Cut Into ½ Moons
*1 Ea. Red Pepper, Diced
*1 Ea. Small Red Onion, Diced
*8 Oz. Mushrooms, Sliced
*1 C. Yellow Pear Tomatoes, Cut In Half
*2 Tbls. Evoo
*Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
*2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
*2 C. Cooked Tortellini (3 Cheese)
*4 C. (4 Oz.) Fresh Spinach
*2/3 C. Fresh Pesto
*Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese For Serving
Preheat oven to 425◦. Place zucchini, squash, pepper, onion and mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle w/ EVOO and season w/ salt and pepper then toss to evenly coat. Roast in preheated oven 10 minutes, then remove, add tomatoes, garlic and toss. Roast 10 minutes longer or until veggies are tender, then remove add spinach and toss, roast 1 minute longer or until spinach is wilted. While veggies are roasting cook and drain tortellini. Add in roasted veggies and pesto and season with salt and pepper to taste, then toss to evenly coat. Serve warm, top each serving w/ Parmesan cheese.
Grilled Turkey Tips
2 lbs. Turkey Tenderloins (cut into tips)
½ c. Soy Sauce
3 tbls. Honey
3 tbls. Ketchup
3 tbls. Brown Sugar
2-4 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Onion Powder
Whisk together marinade ingredients and marinate for at least an hour or up to 24 hours. Grill to an internal temperature of 160 degrees and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
Chef Cerrato's Steak Marinade
1/3 c. Balsamic Vinegar
3 tbls. Pure Maple Syrup
1/3 c. Soy Sauce
1/3 c. Ketchup
3 tbls. A-1 Sauce
1 tbls. Worcestershire
1/3 c. Orange Juice
1/3 c. Pineapple Juice
¼ c. Brown Sugar
2 tbls. Chopped Garlic
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
½ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
Whisk together all ingredients. Marinate steak with just enough marinade to coat for minimum 24 hours or up to 4 days. Reserve left over marinade in a jar for a later meal, up to 30 days.
Grill and Enjoy!
Grilled Coconut Rum Shrimp
2 lbs. Large Shrimp
1-13.5 ounce can of Coconut Milk Â¼ c. Spiced Rum
½ c. Brown Sugar
2 tbls. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice and Zest
1 tbls. Whole Grain Mustard
1 tbls. Chopped Cilantro
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
½ tsp. Paprika (Or Splurge and substitute with saffron)
Whisk together all ingredients and marinade for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours. Skewer shrimp and grill on a clean well-greased grill. Cook approximately 3 minutes each side.
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons table salt
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
2 pounds swordfish steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
Light a grill or preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the salt until the salt dissolves. Stir in the oregano. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season generously with pepper.
Grill the swordfish steaks over high heat (as close to the heat as possible), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the fish to a platter. Prick each fish steak in several places with a fork to allow the sauce to penetrate. Using a spoon, beat the sauce, then drizzle it over the fish. Serve at once.
Chef Ceratto's Crab Cakes
1-16 oz. CAN OF JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT
1/2 cup DICED RED, YELLOW AND GREEN PEPPERS
½ cup DICED RED ONION 1 tbls. CHOPPED GARLIC
JUICE AND ZEST OF ONE LEMON
½ cup MAYO.
2 tbls. DIJON MUSTARD
4-5 DASHES OF GREEN TABASCO
1 tsp. WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 tbls. CAJUN SPICE OR OLD BAY SEASONING
¾ cup PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
REMOVE CRAB FROM CAN, DRAIN WELL. SAUTE ONIONS, PEPPERS AND GARLIC AND ADD TO CRAB. ADD REMAINING
INGREDIENTS AND GENTLY FOLD TOGETHER. FORM INTO DESIRED SIZED PATTY AND SAUTE UNTIL LIGHTLY GOLDEN
Ted's Chicken Parmesan
2 Chicken Breasts (Cut into strips) ½ Tsp Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
1 C Seasoned Bread Crumbs
½ C Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 C Marinara Sauce
8 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven at 400 degrees
Beat two eggs
Dip chicken strips into eggs
Dredge in bread crumbs until covered Season with salt and pepper
Place on baking sheet
Bake for 20 minutes (turning ½ way through)
Top with marinara and cheeses
Bake 1 more minute until cheese melted
Butternut Squash Lasagna
Butternut Squash Lasagna Printable Version
Small butternut squash ( 2.5lbs – 3lbs) (you’ll need about 4 cups, roasted)
½ a sweet onion, sliced into big wedges
olive oil for drizzling
2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1 ½ lb. mushrooms, sliced (cremini, button, shiitake, portobello, wild mushrooms, etc.)
1 fat shallot or ½ onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh chopped sage
½ teaspoon salt
1 lb. ricotta cheese (or sub vegan tofu ricotta) If using the tofu ricotta, no need to add more salt or egg. Just nutmeg
one egg (optional)
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
3–6 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 1 /2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (about 3–4 ounces)
½ cup Romano or parmesan
9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
Garnish with 9 crispy sage leaves
START THE BUTTERNUT. Preheat oven to 425 F. Cut butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and place open side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place sliced onion next to it and drizzle it with a little olive oil. Roast until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool. You could do this a day before.
Lower oven to 375F
Make the mushroom filling. In a large skillet, heat the oil or butter. Add mushrooms and shallots and salt, and sauté over medium heat, until the mushrooms release their liquid and begin to brown. Add the garlic, sage and pepper. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 more minutes, turn heat off. You could toss in some spinach at the end and wilt for extra nutrients. Taste and make sure the filling has enough salt and pepper. You could also add a little truffle oil. You could make this 1-3 days ahead and refrigerate.
Using a fork, mix the ricotta cheese with the egg, nutmeg and salt.
Make the BUTTERNUT SAUCE: When the butternut is cool enough to handle, scoop all the flesh out into a food processor. You should have about 4 cups. Add the roasted onion, olive oil, water, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Puree until smooth. You will need at least 3 1/2 cups pureed and you want it to be almost saucy, like a marinara sauce ( so add water if need be!). This will act as the “sauce”.
Assemble the lasagna. In a greased 9 x13 inch baking dish, add 1 cup of the butternut puree and spread out into a thin layer. Top with 3 lasagna noodles.
Add ½ of the ricotta mixture and spread out evenly. Top with half of the cook mushrooms. Sprinkle with ½ cup grated mozzarella and a couple tablespoons Romano cheese. Add 3 more lasagna noodles. Spread out the rest of the ricotta mixture as evenly as possible. Spoon half of the remaining butternut puree, erring on the side of less than half, so you have enough to cover the top (save at least 1 ¼ cups for the top.) Add the remaining mushrooms and all the good bits ( onions and sage) and sprinkle with another ½ cup shredded mozzarella and couple tablespoons parmesan. Place the final three noodles over the top. Lather with the remaining butternut puree and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese ( or make the creamy béchamel sauce.- See notes. ) You could assemble this 1-2 days before baking.
Cover tightly with foil and bake in 375 F oven for 40 minutes. (If the foil touches the lasagna, place a layer of parchment between the foil and lasagna). Uncover and continue baking 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbly. Cut into 9 servings. Garnish with optional crispy sage leaves.
1 LbRicotta Cheese
8oz Shredded Cheese Blend
2 Oz. Olive Oil
1 T. Chopped Fresh Chives
1/2 C. Fine Chopped Onion
2 EaGarlic Cloves, Finely Chop
1 Lb. Impossible Burger (Ground Beef or Ground Turkey Can Be Substituted)
2 Tbls. Spice Blend (Basil, Oregano, Garlic Powder, Onion
Powder, Salt & Pepper)
1 Jar Tomato Sauce
4 Pasta Sheets (Put Aside 1 Largest Sheets)
Preheat oven to 350*F. Heat small sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2oz. olive oil to pan. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent (do not let brown).
Add impossible meat in small clumps to pan. Add 1 T spice blend. Stir to prevent sticking and cook(approx. 5 min.). Remove from heat. Add ½ jar of sauce and mix. Set aside.
Add 1 lb. ricotta and ½ of shredded mozzarella (reserve balance for topping) to
mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with 1 egg (slightly beaten).
Add to mixture: ½ cup Chives, balance of spice blend.
Spread 2-3 spoonsful over bottom of baking tin provided.
Now lay a pasta sheet (smallest) onto the bottom while remembering to put the largest off to the side (this will be used for the top layer).
Add ½ of the ricotta mixture onto the first layer a spoonful at a time and then spread evenly. Lightly oil foil pan (bottom and sides) with 1 t. olive oil. Spread evenly on bottom of pan, 1 -2 T. of marinara.
Next, layer smallest pasta sheet on bottom of pan. Add ½ ricotta mix, by spoonful, on pasta layer, spread evenly. Next lay another pasta sheet on top of the ricotta mixture and gently press down. Now spread approx. ½ of the Impossible mixture
onto the pasta sheet in the pan.
Lay another pasta sheet on top of Impossible mixture in pan. Top with remaining ricotta mixture and then another layer of the remaining Impossible mixture right on top of the ricotta. Cover lasagna with remaining pasta sheet. Generously spread sauce to coat top pasta sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cover with remaining cheese. Return to oven for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for ten to 15 minutes. Cut and serve. Garnish with chopped basil or chopped parsley. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake lasagna in 350* preheated oven for 1-hour
Remove from oven, cover lasagna top with remaining cheese
Return to oven for 20-minutes (or until golden brown)
Remove from oven, cool for 15 min. Serve, garnish with chopped basil or parsley
Blanched Basil Pesto
*3 CUPS LIGHTLY PACKED BASIL LEAVES
*1 CUP LIGHTLY PACKED ITALIAN PARSLEY
*1/2 CUP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
*1 TABLESPOONS TOASTED PINE NUTS
*1 TSP. FINELY CHOPPED GARLIC
*1/2 TSP. SEA SALT
*1 TSP. CRUSHED RED PEPPER
*1/4 TSP. FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
*1 CUP FRESHLY GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
Set up a bowl of ice water. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the basil and parsley into a colander or wire mesh basket that fits inside of the pot.lower the herbs into the boiling water and push the herbs down under the water and blanch for about 10-15 seconds. Remove herbs and immediately place into ice bath for 15 seconds, remove and drain. Squeeze out any water that you can with your hands and transfer them to a cutting board. Coarsely chop. In a blender puree the herbs with the oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper until well blended and somewhat smooth. Add the cheese and red pepper then blend for a second or two to mix. Press plastic wrap directly on top of the pesto to keep it from turning brown and store in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze it for up to one month.
Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
2 LBS DICED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
1 LB SLICED PEELED APPLES (CANNED APPLES CAN BE SUBSTITUTED)
48 OZ CHICKEN STOCK
1 LARGE ONIONS – DICED
1 CUP PURE MAPLE SYRUP
4oz BROWN SUGAR
1 TBS GROUND CINNAMON
1 TSP GROUND NUTMEG
1 OZ GREEN TABASCO
2 STICKS BUTTER (CUT INTO 4 PIECES)
1 PINT HEAVY CREAM
SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
- Place squash, apples, onions, chicken stock, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & green Tabasco in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and simmer until ingredients are tender
- Remove from stove and place into a food processor or blender in batches and puree until smooth
- Return to stove. Over very low heat whisk in butter until it is incorporated.
- Then add heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy
Chef Eddie Cerrato – MIT Endicott House
2 cans Campbell Barley & Vegetable Soup
1 yellow medium onion
1 or 2 white potatoes
1+ lb lean stew beef
A – cut beef to cube size + chop the onion, add pepper to taste, sauté both in pot of choice
B – drain away sauté juice
C – add cans of soup + carrots + potatoes + 2 cans of water + healthy splash of tobacco
D – bring to a boil, simmer for an hour (+ or -) on low heat, add additional water if needed
Skim off grease as needed
Chef Paul's Famous Meatloaf
2 Lbs. Ground Beef
1 Sm. Yellow Onion
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons A-1 Sauce
2 Large Eggs
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons Pepper
1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Dice onions (small dice)
- Sauté onions until translucent
- Place ground beef in large bowl.
- Add onions and other ingredients.
- Fold until fully mixed
- Mold into loaf (loaf pan coat with veg oil)
- Cook in oven @ 350 degrees until meat temp is 150 degrees. Let sit for 15 minutes
Best served with brown gravy, mashed potatoes and sautéed corn.
Nan's Swiss Baked Chicken
Can Of Cream-of-mushroom Soup
Sliced Swiss Cheese
Bag Of Pepperidge Farm Stuffing
Margarine Stick(s) As Needed
Oven Casserole Dish
1 – Into A Mixing Bowl Add & Mix Well
A – One Can Of Cream-of-mushroom Soup
B – Some Milk But Keep Mixture Thick Vs Runny
2 – The Casserole
A – One Layer Of Chicken Into Casserole Dish
B – Cover With Soup/Milk Mix
C – Now Cover With A Layer Of Swiss Cheese
D – Repeat Layering A. B, C
E – Cover Generously With Stuffing & Then Top
Stuffing With Slices Of Margarine
F – Bake @ 350O For 60 Minutes
Holiday Peppermint Bark
12 ounces quality white chocolate (like Ghirardelli)
12 ounces quality dark chocolate (like Ghirardelli)
½ cup crushed peppermint candy (Starlite)
Line a 9 X 12 pan with parchment paper. Melt the dark chocolate (use the method you prefer, either a double boiler, or a microwave – cook 30 seconds in a heat-proof bowl, stir and repeat until you have a smooth consistency. Pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper, spread the chocolate out until it is about 1/3 inch thick. You can do this by hitting the pan on the countertop repeatedly, or you can use a spatula to spread the chocolate. Melt the white chocolate, using the steps above. After the chocolate is smooth, pour it on top of the dark chocolate – trying to make the layers the same thickness. (It’s best to do this step while the white chocolate is still very soft). Unwrap the starlite mints, or peppermints of your choice and put them into a heavy duty ziplock bag. Using a hammer or meat tenderizer – crush the mints then, while the white chocolate is still melted sprinkle on top. Let the chocolates harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours, then break the candy into pieces. This needs to be stored in the refrigerator if you live in a warm/humid climate.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- For the dough: In a large saucepan, combine the milk, vegetable oil and granulated sugar. Heat until hot but not boiling, then remove the pan from the stove and allow it to cool until the mixture is warm to the touch but not too hot. Sprinkle the yeast over the surface of the liquid and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin puree until combined.
- Combine 4 cups of the flour with the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Sprinkle it into the saucepan and stir until it just comes together. Cover the saucepan with a dish towel and set in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, the mixture should be very puffy and at least doubled in size. Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 1/2 cup flour until totally combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Drizzle butter into 3 pie pans (or a larger baking dish) and smear it all over the bottom of the pans.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and press it into a rectangular shape. If it is overly sticky, sprinkle generously with flour until easier to handle. Flour a rolling pin and roll the dough into a large rectangle about 18 inches by 24 inches.
- For the filling: Drizzle the melted butter over the dough and smear it all over the surface with your fingers. Mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Sprinkle this mixture all over the surface of the dough, covering all the melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chopped pecans.
- Starting at the top, roll the dough toward you into a large log, moving back and forth down the line of dough (in a “typewriter” motion) and always rolling toward you. Roll it tightly as you go so the rolls with be nice and neat. When it’s all rolled, pinch the seam closed and turn the roll over so that the seam is facing down. Slice into 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices and place the slices in the buttered pan(s). Allow to rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake until the rolls are nice and golden brown around the edges, 15 to 18 minutes.
- For the frosting: While the rolls are baking, make the frosting by combining the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, butter and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until fluffy, adding more milk if you’d like a thinner frosting.
- Frost the rolls the second they come out of the oven. Sprinkle the extra pecans over the frosting, then allow them to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
2 very large Fuji apples
3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup caramels, melted
Slice apples into 1/2″ pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick. Insert a popsicle stick into each piece of apple. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes (in 30 second intervals, don’t overheat because the chocolate will burn). Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds. Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
Note: If you’re concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple
Pancakes with Fruit
A fun recipe for parents to make with children –
1 ½ cups Flour
2 Tbl Sugar
2 tsp Baking Power
½ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp salt
Mix dry ingredients then add
1 1/4 cups milk
1 large egg
Mix until smooth
Add 1 ½ cups of your favorite fruit.
Blueberries, peaches, bananas or strawberries are wonderful.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Truffles
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 and 3/4 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
4 ounces white chocolate, melted
8 ounces white chocolate, for dipping
Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin and beat until smooth. Stir in the finely crushed graham cracker crumbs and pumpkin pie spice. The finer the graham crackers are crushed the smoother the truffles will be. I like to pulse mine in the blender until very fine.
Add the 4 ounces of melted white chocolate and stir until smooth. The mixture will be thick, but still soft. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours until cold and firm. The graham crackers will absorb the moisture, thickening the mixture so it can be rolled into balls.
After the dough is chilled, roll the truffle mixture into 1 inch balls. The mixture will still be soft, but workable. Chill the truffle balls in again until firm, at least 30 minutes.
In a deep container suitable for dipping, melt the 8 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth.
Dip the chilled balls into the white chocolate and place on parchment paper to harden. You may sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs for garnish. Store in the refrigerator.
Holiday Creme Brulee
- 1 full vanilla bean* IDEAL (or 1/2 tablespoon Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla is good substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large egg yolks, must be at room temperature*
- 3/4 cup superfine white sugar, separated
- 6 cups water
- Optional: fresh berries to serve with
- *Vanilla bean or superb extract is vital to Crème Brûlée taste
- Start by splitting the vanilla bean down the center. Scrape the seeds and place into a large bowl.Place vanilla bean pod in a small pot with the sea salt and heavy cream.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Cook heavy cream mixture just until the cream is simmering. Do not boil! Remove from the stovetop and set aside to slightly cool. Remove the vanilla bean pod (IF using vanilla extract, stir it in here).
- In the bowl with the vanilla bean seeds add egg yolks & 1/2 cup superfine sugar. Beat until mixture is light, about 2-3 minutes. During mixing: Place 6 cups of water in a large pot and heat to boiling point.
- Add about 1/4th of the heavy cream mixture into egg + sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Then pour (now tempered) egg + sugar mixture into the remaining heavy cream mixture. Stir until combined. Place the ramekins in metal 9 x 13 baking pan. Pour prepared mixture evenly into the ramekins. Fill metal baking pan with boiling water halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until centers are barely set (very slight jiggle). Cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving (Note:can be refrigerated 4-5 days before using).
- Serving:sift remaining 1/4 cup superfine sugar on top of the custards. (Note: use a little more sugar than needed to swirl the dish around and make sure the top is evenly coated with sugar (then just pour extra sugar onto the next ramekin).
- Use kitchen torch to burn (brulee) tops until the sugar melts and browns (or even slightly blackens) a bit. Top with fresh berries and enjoy immediately 🙂
- Alternative to Torch: move oven rack to the top position and heat the oven to a high broil. Once the oven is heated, add the custards topped with superfine sugar to a tray. Place the tray on that top shelf and watch carefully as they broil. It only takes 1-3 minutes so watch closely to avoid burned crème brûlées.
Lemon Blueberry Muffin
For Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 6.5 Tablespoon unsalted butter melted
For Lemon Blueberry Muffins:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs • 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 and 1/3 cups blueberries-fresh or frozen (reserve ½ cup of blueberries for topping)
- 1 tablespoon flour
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and line standard muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the muffins in large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
In a medium bowl place 2/3 cup granulated sugar and lemon zest and rub for a minute. Add eggs and whisk together eggs and lemon-sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together.
Reserve ½ cup of blueberries for topping. Place remaining blueberries in a small bowl. Dust blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling maximum 2/3 of each cup and gently tap the pan on the work surface to set. Cover the batter with the remaining blueberries and then cover the blueberries generously with streusel topping.
Place them in the oven and bake at 400 F for 5 minutes, then REDUCE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 375 F and bake 13-15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.
2 oz Vodka
½ oz Simple Syrup
½ oz Kahlua
1 oz Freshly brewed espresso
Add all of the ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
Pour into a chilled cocktail glass.